HOW ARE YOU DOING KINGDOM AMBASSADOR? – A SPIRITUAL CHECK-UP
Sometimes we get so caught up and busy with life that we neglect to take the time to give ourselves a spiritual check-up.
We go from day-to-day, week-to-week, month-to-month, and year-to-year, living and somehow neglect to take the time to slow down, step back and evaluate where we are in our spiritual walk and witness as Kingdom Ambassadors and Believers in Jesus Christ.
The following is a spiritual check up which covers some key areas in our lives, but is by no means all-encompassing.
Take some time to prayerfully review the questions under each section and to ask the Holy Spirit to show you where you are in each area in light of your responsibilities as a Kingdom Ambassador.
- Ambassador how are you representing the Kingdom of God relative to your speech?
- If someone who knows you were to describe your speech, what would they say?
- Would your speech be characterized as truthful, pure, kind, encouraging, wise, positive, loving, harsh, negative, gossipy, critical, judgmental, slanderous, or foolish?
- Is the nature of your speech a help or a hindrance to the call on your life as a minister of reconciliation and an Ambassador of Christ?
- Ambassador, how are you representing the Kingdom of God relative to your clothing?
- Does the message that your clothing sends out conflict with or support what you believe?
- Does the message that your clothing sends out compliment or contradict your identity as a Kingdom Ambassador?
- Does the message that your clothing is sends out help or hinder your witness for Christ and your Kingdom assignment?
- Is your clothing modest?
- Ambassador how are you representing the Kingdom of God relative to your character?
- What type of character do you regularly display?
- Are you stable in your conduct, or do you change according to the situation you are in, or to the people you are around?
- Are you a spiritual chameleon, i.e., when around church, spiritual talk and spiritual behavior; when around the world, worldly talk, and worldly behavior?
- Are the fruit of the spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control – Galatians 5:22) evident in your life?
- What kinds of activities do you engage in when other Believers are not around?
- What kinds of activities do you engage in when no one is around?
- What kinds of thoughts dominate your mind?
- Ambassador, how are you representing the Kingdom of God relative to your finances?
- Are you walking in a manner worthy of a Kingdom Ambassador when it comes to your finances?
- Do you tithe and cheerfully and regularly give offering?
- Do you give to others of your money and/or material possessions as the Lord instructs?
- Do you manage your debts responsibly?
- When in a financial crisis, are you open and honest about your situation with those to whom you owe money, or do you duck and dodge, make empty promises or write bad checks that you know will bounce just to get people off of your back?
- Ambassador, how are you representing the Kingdom of God as an employee, employer, businessman/woman, and/or co-worker?
- What is your reputation in your place of employment?
- Are you diligent or a slacker?
- Is your work done with excellence or half-way?
- Do you work as unto the Lord, recognizing that your reward and promotion are from Him or do does your diligence fluctuate according to whether you have the relationship you want with your boss or company?
- Do you respect those in authority over you?
- Are you a peace-maker or trouble-maker?
- Do you treat your employees fairly, pay them fairly, obey the labor laws etc?
- Do you walk in love at work, even toward your enemies?
- Ambassador, how are you representing the Kingdom of God in your home and around your family?
- When at home, are you walking in a manner worthy of your ambassadorial appointment?
- Are you endeavoring to reflect the Word in your role as a husband, wife, father, mother, son, daughter etc?
- Are you walking in love toward your family, or abusing and taking them for granted?
Care of Your Body/God’s Temple
- Ambassador, how are you representing the Kingdom of God relative to your body?
- Do you honor your body as the temple of the Holy Spirit?
- Do you live in a manner that acknowledges that you are not your own, but have been bought with a price, the precious blood of Jesus?
- Do you eat healthily as a preventative measure against sickness and disease?
- Is your diet generally characterized by healthy foods such as fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains, nuts, etc. or by unhealthy foods such as greasy food, sugary food, processed food, junk food and fast food?
- Do you habitually overeat, i.e., practice gluttony?
- Do you exercise, drink water, get enough rest?
- Do you honor your body sexually or engage in sexual immorality?
Intimacy With God
- Ambassador, how is your personal relationship with God?
- Do you spend sufficient time in prayer, or is God calling you to spend more?
- Do you spend sufficient time in God’s presence, or is God calling you to spend more?
- Do you spend sufficient time reading and studying the Word, or is God calling you to spend more?
- Do you spend sufficient in private praise and worship, or is God calling you to spend more?
- Do you assemble with other Brethren sufficiently for worship, edification and fellowship, or is God calling you to do so more?
- Are you a doer of the Word, endeavoring to apply the Word in your daily life, or a hearer only?
- Do you try to hear from God daily and then do what He tells you, or do you pretty much guide your own life by what you, think, feel, or want or by what is most convenient for you, or most popular in society?
Now that you have completed this exercise, I am sure that like me and everyone else who has completed it, the Holy Spirit has shown you some areas in your walk that are in need of further development.
Do not despair, but be encouraged.
Be encouraged to repent where necessary and to by God’s grace purpose anew in your heart to work with God and allow Him to continue the process of change in your life so that you can become the Kingdom Ambassador that He wants you to be and effectively complete the Kingdom assignment that He desires for you to complete.
“And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.”
(Philippians 1:6 – Amplified Bible)
“ For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.”
(Philippians 2:13 – NLT)
“Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
(Philippians 3:12-14 – NIV)
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
(Philippians 4:13 – KJV)