I am writing this post to officially thank David Stewart, a fellow brother in Christ, enthusiastic follower of “Unwalled”, future novelist, and author of http://greenwalledtower.wordpress.com for nominating “Unwalled” for the Leibster Award ….isn’t God good!……thanks again David and may the Lord bless you for your kindness and support.
For those who may not know, the Liebster Award is an award given to blogs that have less than 200 followers as a way to show encouragement and appreciation to fellow bloggers, as well as to spread the word about new blogs.
I am also writing this post in fulfillment of the requirements for accepting and forwarding the award which I am told are as follows:
A) You paste the award picture into your blog.
B) When you receive the award, you must post 11 random facts about yourself.
C) Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
D) You write-up 11 NEW questions directed towards your nominees.
E) Pass the award on to 11 other blogs while making sure that you notify the blogger that you nominated them; you are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your blog.
So here goes:
A) PICTURE OF THE AWARD
B) 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
1) I am a Christian who lives in the beautiful Bahamas.
2) I am married (twenty-one years) and have three children……I love my husband and children.
3) God is like the air I breathe; I need Him in every facet of my existence.
4) Fulfilling my divine purpose on earth is very important to me.
5) I am grateful for my family (especially my mum) and friends and for each person God places in my path to help me grow spiritually…..including my enemies….:)
6) I love to read and to write even though I sometimes find writing very challenging.
7) I love to communicate with people in ways that will help them grow spiritually, develop personally and live effectively, i.e., according to God’s purpose, plans and principles in all areas of their lives.
8) I love to wear Jeans (so comfy, chick and stylish….:) and to laugh (I have a strange sense of humor……so I’m told…:)
9) I love to drink tea……(Green Mint Tea, Earl Grey, and Sweet Dreams by Bigelow are my favourites) and to eat any dish made with conch……(scorched conch, conch salad, conch fritters, cracked conch, steamed conch, grilled conch, curried conch………okay, I’ll stop there……:)
10) I love listening to all genres of gospel music, contemporary jazz (my favorite jazz artist is Kenny G), good Bible teaching and inspirational/motivational speeches/messages.
11) Apart from being a wife, mother and Believer in Jesus Christ, I am a minister of the Word, Certified Real Estate Agent, Certified Professional Coach, and holder of a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology and am presently in the process of redefining my path as a part of my mid-life transition.
C) MY ANSWERS TO THE 11 QUESTIONS FROM DAVID STEWART – http://greenwalledtower.wordpress.com
1) If you could marry one historical figure, who would it be?
That’s a toughie…….I really do not know which one I’d choose.
2) Have you ever fallen asleep during a movie in the theatre?
Yes, quite a few times during my college days.
3) If you could be some sort fast-food related royalty, would you be Burger King, Dairy Queen, or some sort of duke of french fries?
I probably would opt out of the royalty zone and choose to be Wendy of Wendy’s.
4) What is the most number of blankets you’ve ever had on your bed?
5) If you could go into any fictional world, which one would you choose?
One where I could teleport to different destinations in the twinkling of an eye and use laser guns in warfare.
7) Which do you think is the prettiest national flag (besides your own)?
I’m tossed between the Seychelles and South Africa.
8) What is your favourite part about blogging?
Completing a post and hitting the publish button.
9) What’s your least favourite part?
Getting into the flow of writing…..sometimes its hard to get the pump primed.
10) Do you think “favourite” looks better with a “u” or without one?
With a “u”…..it’s probably the British influence…….in the Bahamas prior to our independence in 1973, we were a British colony.
11) Did you realize I skipped #6?
No, not until you brought it to my attention.
D) QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What do you like most about blogging?
3) Which book has most influenced your life?
4) What is your favorite hobby?
5) If you were given $1,000,000 to give to a cause, which cause would it be?
6) What’s your favorite scripture?
7) What makes you smile?
8) Who is a person that you admire and why?
9) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
10) If you could change one thing about anything what would it be?
11) What are you most thankful for at this moment?
E) MY NOMINEES
NB – TO ALL MY NOMINEES
Researching the Liebster Award on the web has revealed another set of rules which are less time-consuming and that many cite as the award’s original rules. As an another option, these rules are as follows:
1) Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2) Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3) Copy & paste the blog award on your blog.
4) Pick and reveal five blogs you feel deserve to be noticed (they must have less than 200 followers)
5) Let your nominees know you chose them for the award by leaving a comment on their blog.
Also, if you either do not want to participate in this award or do not have the time to participate, simply don’t……..there is no obligation and I won’t be offended in any way if this not your thing….:)
Blessings to each of you,